Programmers love to code in Linux. For me whether it is Android Studio or NetBeans, I used to get 2-3 times better speed in my Mint than in Windows. However, installing JDK offline in Linux is a tedious task. But NetBeans provides an easier way to do this. Let’s see how we can install Netbeans with Oracle JDK in linux.
Instead of installing the JDK, NetBeans only require an extracted JDK in the home directory. So let’s do it
- Download NetBeans executable for Linux (.sh File) and Oracle JDK(Download file like jdk-8uxx-linux-x64.tar.gz for x64 platform)
- Copy These downloaded files to Home Directory
- Extract The JDK in the Home folder itself
- Give the netbeans executable privilage using this command on terminal. Replace xx with your version.chmod +x netbeans-xxx.sh
- Now you can run the NetBeans setup using
- The NetBeans setup will automatically detect the JDK from the HOME directory. You can proceed with the installer and finish it.
- Yeah ! You done it. Open NetBeans from your Launcher.
Keywords : How to install netbeans with jdk, Simple way to install netbeans in ubuntu or mint, oracle jdk install
Or you could download the JDK+Netbeans combo installer from oracle java downloads page.